SmartPower Connecticut Community Outreach Manager
SmartPower, a national non-profit marketing organization dedicated to promoting clean energy and energy efficiency seeks a poised, confidant on-the-ground Community Outreach Manager who shares a passion for clean energy and environmental issues to work in Connecticut. The Community Outreach Manager will primarily help in the implementation of SmartPower’s Connecticut energy campaigns including Energize Norwich and Solarize.
Specific responsibilities of this position include engaging homeowners in energy actions, coordinating with community leaders and ensure weekly outreach activities. The Community Outreach Manager will work with local organizations, volunteers, Ambassadors and contractors to identify and execute marketing and outreach partnership opportunities such as tabling at events to sign up participants, hosting workshops, holding energy open houses, and using newsletters, news stories, and social media to increase residential participation and engagement.
There will be important data collection, tracking and reporting responsibilities as well. The Community Outreach Manager will work under the direction of SmartPower’s Vice President.
The right candidate for this position will demonstrate that:
- You’re a self-starter, who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- You are fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done - no task is too small or too large.
- You are willing and able to work in the evenings and/or weekends if needed.
- You are experienced in community outreach and project management, working efficiently under deadlines.
- You have demonstrated ability to hit the ground running and quickly establish credibility with internal and external clients. You instinctively can access unique outreach opportunities with partners and enjoy cultivating the idea to fruition.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and persuasion skills with the confidence to speak publicly in front of groups or one-on-one at all levels of an organization.
- You have a passion for meeting and helping people. You have the ability to work successfully with all types of people and cultivate a motivated and engaged volunteer team.
- You are a detail-oriented person with superb organizational skills with strong follow through.
- You have experience with data collection, tracking and reporting on project results.
- You are a believer in social media and use it in your everyday life.
- You live in the Norwich area and are familiar with the community.
- You have a valid driver’s license, own and drive a car.
- You present yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- You have an understanding and commitment to environmental issues and renewable energy in general.
- You are passionate and creative while understanding and meeting the demands of deadlines and metrics.
- You have a sense of humor and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The ideal candidate is someone with a minimum of 3-5 years work experience in community outreach, political campaigns or the environmental/energy industry.
SmartPower offers a competitive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications welcome until position is filled. Review of resumes will begin immediately.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Lyn Rosoff, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com.