For almost 20 years SmartPower has worked on behalf of utility companies, businesses, state agencies, foundations and the US federal government to “turbo charge” energy efficiency and renewable energy efforts. We have created and managed direct- to-consumer solar and energy efficiency campaigns that result in reduced costs and increased adoption of renewable energy on a commercial, residential and community-wide level.
SmartPower’s exclusive focus on energy efficiency and clean energy actions have resulted in high visibility, high impact on- the-ground community campaigns that are designed to change behavior and transform how customers use, adopt and invest in clean energy and energy efficiency.
Working in partnership with a broad array of established renewable energy firms, energy efficiency companies and financial institutions SmartPower operates nationally and internationally as an NGO and has been named “The Best Non-Profit Marketing Firm in the United States.” In 2019 SmartPower’s President, Brian F. Keane was named the “Game Changer of the Year”.
Based in Washington, DC, SmartPower’s principal clients are private companies, utilities, and state and federal agencies, and is led by a strong and experienced management team with combined decades in the clean energy industry.
SmartPower has literally been credited with “writing the book” on clean energy and energy efficiency marketing with the publication in 2012 of Green Is Good: Save Money, Make Money and Help Your Community Invest In Clean Energy (Lyons Press), written by SmartPower’s President, Brian F. Keane.
SmartPower helps its clients by expertly assembling the key partners to address the clean energy and energy efficiency challenges posed by the clients.
- Need to persuade consumers to change their energy consumption habits? SmartPower has created a team that generated real and measurable results.
- Need to get your state to rapidly adopt rooftop solar? SmartPower has assembled and managed the team that has run the most effective “Solarize” campaigns in the US.
- Need to build a utility-scale solar array? SmartPower has a team for that too.
SmartPower is widely recognized as the premier firm of its kind. A national magazine, Healthy Living, hailed SmartPower as “the Mad Men for an eco-conscious generation.” The New York Times, lauded SmartPower’s effectiveness in changing consumer behavior with respect to alternative energy and conservation. And in 2016 The American Business Awards named SmartPower the Marketing Agency of the Year.
SmartPower has also been the recipient of numerous awards, including:
- The 2010 and 2016 Clean Air Excellence Award from the Environmental Protection Agency.
- The coveted Green Power Pilot Award presented by the EPA and the US Department ofEnergy.
- Four Gold Awards from the Service Industry Advertising Awards (SIAA).
- The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection’s Green Circle Award.
- The 2012 “Most Innovative Campaign” Award, given by The Energy Daily, the leading industry news daily.
- SmartPower’s President, Brian F. Keane was named one of Connecticut’s “Outstanding Forty Under 40,” in 2005 by The Hartford Business Journal and in 2014 received the Peoples’ Action for Clean Energy (PACE) “Lifetime Achievement Award.”
- Wealth & Finance International named SmartPower “The Best Non-Profit Marketing Firm in the US” in 2014, 2015, and 2016, 2019.
- LiveWire Publications named SmartPower’s President, Brian F. Keane, the CEO of the Year